Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy
Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy, C-PACE, provides a new opportunity for commercial property owners to achieve significant energy savings. Colorado C-PACE enables owners of eligible commercial, industrial and multi-family buildings to finance up to 100% of energy efficiency, renewable energy and water conservation projects. Financing is provided by a private capital provider and repaid through a voluntary special assessment on the property tax bill.
CPACE Frequently Asked Questions
What Projects are Eligible?
- Commercial, industrial and multi-family buildings are eligible for CPACE financing.
Rebates, Incentives and Financing:
- Owners keep any rebates and tax incentives the project receives.
- Building owners can use their own capital provider or work with one listed with Colorado C-PACE. See the CPACE website: copace.com.
Repaying the Loan:
- Repayment of the C-PACE financing is made through a voluntary special assessment on the property tax bill.
- When the property is sold, the responsibility for the repayment transfers to the new owner with the property tax bill.
What to Expect:
Your SoL Energy Project Manager will walk you through the program qualifications and process, so you won’t have any surprises. Once you decide to move forward your Project Manager will coordinate the process from prequalification through closing your loan and reviewing your electric bill with you to see your savings.